After World War II Robert Hannoyer, owner of a car repair shop in Paris, had the idea to develop a new vehicle for two persons that could be used in urban areas like Paris.
In 1947 he developed a prototype which was rather a radical solution to the problem of parking. The narrow tandem two-seater body shell was reinforced with tubes, which formed front and rear outriggers to carry the suspension. The front wheels were attached to the tub with a parallelogram hinge construction and could be folded downwards, so that vehicle occupied a parking space of only 75 cm width.
The Paris Salon of 1950 showed an open, topless torpedo body style, but by the spring of 1951, the production version was settled on, with its side-hinged convertible roof.
Manufacturer: Robert Hannoyer, Paris, France