1953 Rovin D-4
The little Rovin car earned itself a significant place in the sun, in the history of the French car. Uncompromisingly well-built and delightfully styled, around 400 - 500 cars emerged each year from the old Delaunay-Belleville factories in Saint Denis, upstream against the tide of "real" cars.
By 1950 the D-4 was in production, now with a 462cc, 13hp motor giving 85kph. Its doors were now hung from the front, while freestanding "pod" headlamps and twin alloy strips circling the entire car were distinguishing features. From 1953, D-4's had the lamps moved to the tops of the front fenders, and alloy trim strips running from headlamp to door were added. Robert de Rovin, (Raoul had disappeared in 1949) held out bravely against the lower-priced, mass-produced offerings of the large manufacturers until the end, in 1958.
Manufacturer: Robert de Rovin, St. Denis (Paris), France